Thursday, June 4, 2009

Been gone a while...

I must admit that I have been out of the blogging thing for a while. :o

We were at Reid's b-day party the other day and I overheard someone talking about their blog and I thought it is probably WAY past time to get everyone caught up. If you're on facebook you probably get weekly (well just about) updates on what's going on with us.

Summer is finally here! I don't know why I look forward to the summer so much. I still have to work even though the kids are out of school, maybe it's just not having to stress about getting out the door super early, or panicking if homework is finished up! It just feels nice!

I'll do a quick update on all of us...
(it's a bit long...but bear w/ me!)

The Pets:
Genevieve is doing great. I took her to the vet today because she has had really goopy stuff in her eyes for the last couple days. I just thought it was sleepy gunk everyone gets over night, but really it's a doggy-eye infection. Poor girl!! Her new favorite thing is to go for bike rides! She is so small that we just plop her into Tikas old backpack and away we go! She sticks her head out to the side of me and pants just as if she had her head out the window! I will have to see if I can post the picture from my phone!
GrayCie-MayCie the cat is so fun! She is shedding super bad and I was actually thinking about attempting to vacuum her this weekend! Who knows - maybe a bath and a good brushing would be less traumatic than a vacuum. She has found a new "favorite spot" in the house.... the kitchen window. And even better, she puts her face right up to the faucet and meows this horrible - low - groaning meow! We turn the water on a slow trickle and she hits @ the water or drinks out of it like a water fountain! So cute.

C:
C is growing so fast it is unbelieveable! She finished up 2nd grade with straight E's! Yay bug! C is super duper excited that she got a repeat of her amazing teacher! I'm so glad prayers really do get answered. Miss H is teaching 3rd grade! Fun! C was baptized on May 2. She was SO excited and so proud that she "finally" got baptized! C is excited to play w/ T this summer and to go to a community art class!

T:
T is doing great! She is out of the 6th grade officially! Her teacher has "promoted" her to the 7th grade! She had amazing grades...smarty pants. Her GPA was 3.78! What an amazing young lady. T also graduated from primary. She is a beehive in YW and loving it! A couple weeks ago she recieved her first calling. She was asked to serve as the Beehive second counselor! fun. She is so happy it is summer and we have 7-peaks passes!


Me:
I am doing well. Aside from the messy-ness of the whole divorce process, I think I am doing well. I am still going to see my therapist weekly and I have also joined a group therapy session for women. It is so awesome, and I have met some amazing people. They have helped me through so much. The ladies have become great friends. I am still working and I enjoy it ... except for Mondays. I hate Mondays! My church calling, on the other hand, is still a bit of a stress, but it is getting better every week! About 2 months ago the Sr. Primary was WILD! I had stopped a few times and asked them to quiet down...it would work for a few minutes and then they'd hyper back up. I was ready to SCREAM. I looked at them and said, "would any of you like to do singing time today?" silence "no seriously...anyone want to take a shot at doing a better job than me?" This one kid shouted "ME!" I threw my hands up in the air and said "thank heaven!!" I went and sat down, and I stared at the wall w/ my arms folded - I was ticked - The room was silent - You could have heard a hair drop on the carpet - The leaders' mouths were on the floor - I made my point! I love it and I know that blessings will come, or have come, I just have weeks, like everyone else, that I want to be fired from my calling!!! Also a huge change has occured in my life. I have started to excersize. I had a mental meltdown 4 weeks ago and realized I must change my life! I started excersizing 4 weeks ago. I hired a personal trainer who has helped me a ton and I feel so much better! The girls have even told me I'm loosing my "this"....then they pat my sides where my chunk used to hang off the tops of my pants! So that makes me feel even better!

So --- there you go! the C~T~&~Me update!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Crusan. I'm glad you and the girls are doing well. :) thanks for the gift card for graduation, you guys are awesome! Randi Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I IS EXCITED FOR YOU TO COME!!!!! YOU NEEEEED TO MEET HUGAWEREWOLF WHEN YOU COME!!!

    ReplyDelete